Monday, April 6, 2009

Getting cozy with fleece and Amy Butler!

I recently purchased several fleece throws for a great price. I saw a great idea in Sew Hip!, my favorite sewing magazine from the UK. You just sew some cotton fabric around the edges. Very simple, very pretty. Here is the first one finished. Mine. Of course, Amy Butler fabric from her new range.

I just want to hug the blanket the whole time. It feels amazing (love fleece!) and it look amazing too! I finished a second blanket in orange for my youngest son, but forgot to get a picture. Two more blankets to make. I will post pictures when they are all done.
I also made some skirts last week but need to take some pictures. Overall I had a very busy weekend getting ready for my trip to the US this week. I did find some stunning jersey fabric for some skirts and tops. Time is running out so I may not get a chance to sew until I get back.

2 comments:

Eclectic Chic Style said...

Oh that is way cool, thank you for sharing that because I love the way it pretties up the fleece. I love the way fleece feels, just not every happy with the way it looks really and that looks fab!!! I may have to try this out!!! ♥ Teresa

Jana Nielson said...

That is a really good idea. Have a great trip this week. How long will you be in the US?