Monday, May 11, 2009

Fabulous Dresses!

I did some great sewing this weekend! I made two fabulous skirts (sorry, no pictures yet!), a dress and started on another dress yesterday. I have recently started buying the Burda Fashion magazine locally and just love the patterns inside, even if most are too big for me. I made the BIG mistake to visit the website on Friday night and saw pictures of what will be featured in the next issue - fabulous dresses! Do you think I can wait THREE WEEKS for the next issue to be available locally? No way! I HAVE to make this dress NOW.



Isn't this dress fabulous?! (The above dress is featured in the Burda Fashion Magazine, May 2009 issue). I cut out the fabric based on another dress pattern I have, modified the front for the overlap, but now I am stuck a bit. I am having a bit of trouble with sewing the overlap front neatly into the band just below the bust. I finally developed a headache last night from trying to make this work, so I gave up, for now. If anyone has some advice, please leave a comment!

I also wanted to share this fabulous FREE dress pattern. Recently, a new sewing magazine was launched - Stitch. Stitch is published by Interweave and the second issue just came out. It will only be available locally in June (takes about 2 months to get here!) but they post some of the projects on their website. If you are into sewing clothes, visit there website on http://www.interweavestitch.com and download the free patterns. There are three fabulous dresses, a biker (wrap) skirt and a cute bangle bag to choose from. My favorite is the Mix and Match dress which I already made this weekend in pink and black. I will post some pictures soon.

Hope you all had a great Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Gald you had a great weekend and so much going on! I would love to see the skirts and dress you made! I love this dress featured in the photo...looks soo pretty and is something i would wear! You soo talented! *hugz*
Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

Kate said...

very cool resource...those are some pretty cute clothes! Thanks :-D Can't wait to see the pics of your mix and match dress