Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Pretty Little Pincushions, by Lark Books


Have you noticed that there aren't many books published about pincushions? This one is certainly a delight. Once again a combination of patterns from different crafters and such a variety of projects.

The book starts off with lots of information about the tools needed, different fabrics that can be used, embellishment ideas, basic techniques and different stitches that can be used. Very useful and suitable for beginners.

I counted 29 different projects in the book. Great value for money. The book is divided in four chapters by type of pincushion that ranges from functional, to nostalgic to petite and lastly, plushies.

The back of the book has a short bio on each designer featured and full-size patterns. Yeah!

I am showing a few pictures from the book of my favorite pincushions although it was difficult to choose. There are many in the book I like and will be making at some stage.

This is one pattern I have already made! Worth buying if you love pincushions like I do!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pinktulip, finally made it here to your lovely blog! I love it here lots and love the information you feed us with books review and projects! I'll be visiting you here often and i hope you don't mind me emailing you with questions about sewing machine!

Thank you once again for all your precious advices and help! I truly appreciate it all!

Have a lovely merry happy day!
I'll see you soon here or flickr or email! Lots of love to you!

Beertje Zonn said...

What a lovely book!
Kind regards,

Beertje Zonn