Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Books Galore!

I am a little ashamed of myself as I went on a book-buying spree a few weeks ago...As it takes 2-3 weeks for books to ship to South Africa, I started getting my books late last week and this week.





Impressive stack, isn't it? Some of these titles I have been yearning for, for ages! Of course we are all familiar with Weekend Sewing from the fabulous Heather Ross and Sewing Green from the smart Betz White, but if you are seriously into sewing clothes, here are the books to buy:



Sew U: Home Stretch by Wendy Mullin of the Built-by-Wendy fame is a genius. This book is all about sewing knits and have some fabulous free patterns inside. She also shows you how to alter the patterns to make even more fabulous clothes. There are many great reviews in blogland so google the title and you will find it.


DowntownDIY Sewing is not a picture book. If you want lots of colour pics, this is not the book for you. It does however have some fabulous sewing projects from clothes, bags and accessories in. Simple instructions and free full-size patterns make this inexpensive book worth it.



But, for the ULTIMATE sewing book, for sewing clothes that is, THIS is the book to buy!



I LOVE this book. I only received it yesterday and i have not put the book down often. Chic & Simple Sewing by Christine Haynes is fabulous! For a great review visit http://www.craftypod.com/2009/05/04/review-chic-simple-sewing. I cannot do a better review. While you are there, check out her other book reviews. I want to make everything in this book. Honestly. Great patterns, full-size, and stunning designs that are simple and elegant. Watch this space for my projects from this fabulous book.

1 comment:

Lova said...

Oh, I want to buy that chic and simple sewing book as well, the clothing inside all look fabulous. Can't wait to see what you make from it.