Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Buttercup fever!

I made another TWO Buttercup bags this weekend! One for me...

In the most adorable lilac, purple and pink flower corduroy fabric I had in my stash! The lining is another lovely lilac corduroy.

Here you can see the magnetic snap and one of the little pockets. Once again I used a light fusible interfacing for the exterior fabric only, not the lining, as well as for the pockets and handles. I think they call it "fusible batting". I love sturdy handles and interior pockets as they take the brunt of everyday use. I still need to sew the decorative button flap on. (The other bag I made is a gift...)

I saw my best friend today at my conference and she is madly in love with my bag. Guess I will be making her another bag the same as mine this weekend! I made this bag to go with my velvet lilac suit I wore to the conference today. A perfect fit! This is such an adorable bag I cannot stop making it. You must however use a small print to make the best of the lovely pattern. See the free pattern at http://madebyrae.blogspot.com/.

3 comments:

jacqueline said...

I am in love with your buttercup bags!! This one is really gorgeous too...loving the fabrics. Have a lovely merry happy mid-week and love to you!

rebecca said...

I love the corduroy fabric! I've been hoping to check out this pattern as well. ( :

Patzolay said...

Hi, your bag is really cute I love it! :D definetly i have to learn how to do this