Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Thinking outside the box challenge!


Kate from http://curiositys.wordpress.com/ is hosting a challenge - Thinking outside the Box! The challenge is to make a sewing project in the next two weeks using fabric or colours (or a technique?) you would normally avoid.
Hmmm...for me it would be using pastel colours, or mixing different fabrics in one project that don't EXACTLY match. I cannot resist a challenge, so here I am, thinking what project to make that I would still use afterwards. I think I will go with mixing bright colours that don't exactly match. Pastels just don't DO it for me and a completed project will find itself at the back of the cupboard to be forgotten very fast. I do not want to waste precious stash or sewing time on something I will not use.
What to make? It has to be a bag of course! This might be a good time to use one of the gorgeous bag patterns I bought from the famous NicoleMdesigns from Australia. One of the patterns is just perfect for this project as the bag has panels. I will post progress on this scary project!

1 comment:

Kate said...

yay! I'm so glad you are participating!