Friday, November 7, 2008

Crafty Book Reviews

Last night I was looking for a specific craft book and decided to post a regular review on some of the craft books I own. It has been so useful to me to see reviews of craft books I was interested in buying on other blogs that I decided to do the same for other bloggers. The problem is, which one to do first? I LOVE books. I love ALL my craft books. I decided to start with a firm favorite that I often take off the shelve and page through for ideas and a recent purchase from http://www.kalahari.net/ the South African version of Amazon.


The book Sew Many Bags, Sew Little Time by Sally Southern has no less than 30 bags in it. It supplies step by step how-to's and even some patterns at the back of the book. I selected a few pages to show you some of my favorite bags inside...

I still want to make a handbag with a wooden handle. I have quite a nice little stash of handles but have not used any of them yet. The black little bag on the right is made from felt. It is so easy to make and so cute. Sewing on a few beads and ribbon trim and you have a cute bag!
This book is well worth the money if you are into making cute and easy bags. It has the popular totes, purses, messenger bag and many other styles in it.
More regular book reviews to follow.

3 comments:

ittybittyandpretty said...

ooh my dream is to be good enough to make a bag. well done great blog. x rosey

sewkalico said...

This looks like a great book. I have several bag books, but you can never have too many :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Not another want-to-have book! It looks fab!