Now I am busy with an apron and potholder set. I made several knife pleats in the skirt as you may be able to see in the picture above. This came out quite nice. Since my sister adores cows and her kitchen is filled with them, I decided to personalize her apron set. This is the first time that I have tried my hand at applique' of any kind.
I searched for a cow picture I could use to do the applique' with. This was the simplest design I could find and I did a handdrawn version of it on paper, cut the individual parts out and then cut the fabric accordingly. I quite like the mix of colours! Now comes the real problem. I have a very old sewing machine that cannot do fancy quilting stitches or even satin stitch. I experimented with various stitching options I do have and the buttonhole stitch worked the best.
This is a close-up picture of my first attempt. A bit scew but I am pleased with the result! Here is the matching potholder.
Once this is done I can send off her parcel!