Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Hobby-X Craft Show finds

I promised pictures of the Hobby-X craft show I a visited this past weekend, but the goods on offer was just too much for me. I did not take even one photo! I did come home with the most fantastic new stash though!

I always see other crafters have these stunning plastic containers for their fabric on their blogs. Finally I found them too! In many shapes and sizes at reasonable prices as well. I just bought two for now as the shop is not that far away and I can easily get more as soon as I create some space in my sewing room. Inside these boxes you will find my real treasures...

The most devine black and white cotton fabric. I have been looking forever for this!

The most beautiful bright, colourful fabric from Moda. It is designed by Me and My Sister and from the Butterfly Fling range. I am in love!

And lots of older craft magazines, mostly from Australia that cover quilting and other smaller projects such as bags, placemats, soft toys and more. These can be bought at the show a hugely discounted price.

Overall the Hobby-X show this year was fantastic. Normally it is dominated by scrapbooking stalls but this year it featured more hobbies for men and of course, for the first time ever, lots more sewing stalls! I also bought some smaller odds and ends, mostly habberdashery items. I had a great time.

No comments: